Not taking normal food. Takes breast milk. What can be done?

My daughter is 18 months. From the past few days , she is refusing to take her normal meals. She is either spitting out or making a tight lips when forced. We give oats or corn flakes at breakfast and mashed rice and vegetable at lunch. She still takes mother milks. From the last two days she is mainly having mother milks or juices but not any solid or semi solid food.
Posted Wed, 5 Jun 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 21 minutes later

I understand your concern.

There is nothing to worry ,this could be due to some gastric irritation and usually settles in few days.

I suggest you to keep a close watch over her hydration status.
-Observe her urine output
-level of consciousness
-any irritability
-excessive lethargy

If she is behaving normally than you can wait for few days.Continue with fluids.

In case she continues to spit I suggest you to get her examined by pediatrician,she can be given domperidone as per dosage for few days.

Hope I have answered your query,if you have any other question I would be glad to help.

Wishing your baby good health.
God bless..