Not sleeping properly, heart pounding and numb hand. Increased dosage of colozapem. Any complications?

I have been waking up about every two hours with my heart pounding. I do not take in any caffeine. I do take colozapem. I increased my dosage from .5 mg to 1.0 mg this evening thinking it may be anxiety, and guess what it became worse. The second time both of my hands were numb.
Posted Wed, 8 Aug 2012 in Sleep Disorders
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 13 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
It would be nice if you mention since how long you have been facing this.
Palpitations can occur without heart disease or as a result of abnormal heart rhythms.
I advice you not to change the doses of the medication without consulting the physician, doing such things are potentially XXXXXXX
The first step in the evaluation of patients with palpitations is to determine whether their symptoms are actually due to arrhythmia's.
Tests for arrhythmia's include resting electrocardiogram (EKG), 24-hour rhythm monitoring, and a treadmill exercise test.
I advice you to take the old dose of the medication for 2 to 3 days and if symptom persists i advice you to see physician for examination and to find out the cause.
Hope I have provided the information you needed.
Wish you good health. Take care.