Not having proper bowel movement. Report showed mild prominence in the right lobe of the liver. Now?

Mild prominence in the right lobe of the liver. I never feel as if my bowel is properly empty after a bowel movement
Posted Sun, 16 Dec 2012 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 1 hour later
I appreciate your efforts for medical consultation in so much distress.

Liver is situated under the lower portion of right side rib cage. It is not palpable in normal conditions. When enlarge, it grow towards the abdomen. Usually cystic lesion in liver can present as swelling on liver.

Stressed and depression patient used to have poor bowel habit. Although other causes related to bowel is also possible for inadequate emptying of bowel feeling.

It is better to get yourself examined by general physician to confirm swelling over liver as swelling in that area may be related to other structures like gall bladder, intestine, abdominal muscle and rib. You may also need investigation like liver function test and imaging study of abdomen (Like ultrasound and MRI) to confirm diagnosis.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow ups.

Wish you good health.