Not having periods since 2 years. Feeling tender breast. Is this a normal syptom of menapause?

Since the onset of menapause my breasts seem to be more tender, sometimes its both and sometimes its just one. The symptoms also come and go they are not constantly tender. I have not had a period for about 2 years. Is this a normal syptom of menapause? I have been prescribed HRT pessaries that I have to insert into the vagina and also HRT gel that I have to rub into my inner thighs.
Posted Mon, 23 Jul 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 7 hours later

Not having periods for 2 years is not serious in menopause.Stoppage of periods itself is called Menopause.

The tenderness in the breast is mainly due to low estrogen levels and such levels are normally seen in the menopause.

You are on right course of treatment with HRT, few weeks with this treatment will surely treat your problems and help you have relief.

You can take a Tablet of Motrin 400mg when ever you have sever pain in the breast but not more than two per day.

Wish you good health.