Not having any enough urination. Had blood test. What are the findings?

Excellent

Question
By this blood work results would it show if anything was wrong with kidneys? Im not peeing enough. I went from night time waking to hardly anything.
Posted Sun, 8 Sep 2013 in Kidney Conditions

Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 34 hours later
Brief Answer:
No worries for now

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for the query,

The blood Urea Nitrogen (BUN), creatinine levels and serum potassium levels, from your results are within very acceptable and normal levels. This could indicate that kidney function, especially as concerns filtration is intact (normal).

I would suggest you do drink much water and fluids and see the response. Increase fluid intake simply for now. Your kidney function is ok.

In case this persists, you could consult a nephrologist.

Kind regards.

Bain LE, MD.

For now, all is fine and you need not bother. Simply drink more. Increased temperatures could explain reduced frequency/quantity of urine eliminated. Thanks and hope this helps.

Follow-up: Not having any enough urination. Had blood test. What are the findings? 4 minutes later
Ok but it says my potassium is low

Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No worries

Detailed Answer:
Hi and tanks for the query,

For sure the Serum potassium values are low, but not to a level to cause any worries or panic, it s true its 2 units below the normal level, but its no issue. The normal limits are usually derived and are based on averages, No worries.

Bain LE, MD

Follow-up: Not having any enough urination. Had blood test. What are the findings? 9 hours later
And is my carbon dioxide and Anion gap okay? Last question i promise :-)
I get alot of irregular and extea heart beats.

Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
all is fine

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for the query,

There is no nothing to worry about with the anion gap and Carbondioxide. In your case, they are ok. Their interpretations are also only valid if there are abnormalities with Sodium, BUN , creatinine which are all normal in your case.

Thanks and hope this helps. Feel very asking any further questions if need be. Thanks and kind regards.

Bain LE, MD.