Not got my menstrual period this month, discontinued Familon pills. Worried about it.

hi my name is XXXXXXX 24,f,50kg,5.0",a housewife have,nt get my menstural period this month,my last period was on 1st dec,2011 and it last for 6 days,earlier i used to take familon pills but i discontinues it this month,I am really worried,kindly help me out
Posted Thu, 19 Apr 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 10 minutes later

Femilon is a brand name for a oral contraceptive pill containing Desogestrel and Ethinyl Estradiol.

Some of the side effects include inter menstrual spotting and post medication amenorrhea (failure to get periods after stopping the drug).

It is more possible in you, because you have been continuously using it for 3 years.

Do not panic. Please take a urine pregnancy test to rule out pregnancy and if the problem persists please consult your gynaecologist immediately.

I hope I have answered your query and if there are no further doubts please accept my answer.

I wish you good health.