Not getting proper erection and having cold. Due to masturbation?

Dec 2012

Hello Doctor,
I am 23 Male and I used to mastrubuate every day from last two years. I know its good for health. Suddenly I am feeling low from couple of days. My pennis is not getting erected since couple of days. I am feeling ill from severe cold. I think I am alright. Am I fine. I have no pain but its not getting erected. Do you think I am alright and do I need to follow any medications. By the way I never had sex.
Posted Mon, 25 Feb 2013 in Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 2 hours later

Thank you for posting on XXXXXXX

Personally I think you are fine. Just a little anxious. One of the problems encountered when chronically masturbating is anxiety or feeling of guilt which usually plays a trick with your mind and can make you have sexual disorder problems of psychological origin. You could have problems like preejaculation, erectile dysfunction, sensitivity of tip of penis, reduced libido or affinity for women or ability to get erect by presence of woman etc. All these come from your mind and will require that you give yourself some few days off masturbation and stressful activities then you will recover your ability to get erect. Also should start practicing less masturbation and more sex with women as continuation might cause future problems with your future life partner (s).
If within a few days you can't still get an erection, just consult with a primary care doctor.

Hope this helps
Dr Nsah
Follow-up: Not getting proper erection and having cold. Due to masturbation? 24 hours later
Is this a normal problem or do I need to worry about it. Can you suggest me some things which I have to do. I know I am fine but I am worried
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 5 minutes later

It occurs in some people due to chronic masturbation. What you will need is stop for a while and do not masturbate. You will need to allow your mind some time to recover and your sexual organs to re-adapt. Hormonal disorder become an issue after chronic masturbation and there fore can cause your problem.
You do not need to do any particular thing besides stopping the masturbation for a couple of days to weeks.
You can see a doctor to run some tests just to make sure that you do not have an associated urinary tract infection.

Dr Nsah