Not getting pregnant after abortion with Mifeprin kit. Is it because of medicine?

General Surgeon
Hi I am 23 years old. I was pregnant before 6 months but as we already had a 6 months old baby, we decided to abort the baby. Went to a doctor and had mifeprin kit as per her suggestion. But after that, even if me and my husband had intercourses quiet often, i didnt bcom pregnant. I am afraid is it because of the medicine. Kindly help.
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Swapnendu Sekhar Ghosh 3 hours later
Thank you for the query.
The medication that has been prescribed to you contains mifepristone does not have long term effects on fertility. It is used for the medical termination of pregnancy and will not affect your capability to conceive at present.
I would suggest that you have unprotected intercourse for atleast a year particularly on days 10-17 of your cycle ( day 1 being the day the bleeding starts in your cycle). Further, an ultrasound of your pelvic region and a semen analysis for your husband would be a good starting point.
I would suggest you see your gynaecologist for the same.

I hope I have addressed your concerns. I would be available for follow ups.