Not getting pregnant. Which specialist should I consult?

Hello doctor, i wanted to know whether i need to take Semen Analysis. As we are planning for kids, my wife unable to conceive. It was a year after marriage.
Could you please suggest, which could helpful for both. Also let me know which specialist had to visit for us both myself and my wife(age:30)
Posted Thu, 7 Mar 2013 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Chetna Jain 13 hours later
For conception various tests are required to know the ferttility status.
I am suggesting a basic profile for both of you.
For your wife-Blood tests FSH LH prolactin TSH and AMH to be done on day 3 of periods. TVS folliculometry(ultrasound assessment of egg formation ) from day 10/11 of cycle(periods) till ovulation.
For you Semen examination after 3-4 days abstinence. Its important to have correct abstinence and sample collection has to be done in the lab.
This treatment is given by Gynaecologists in India and most of other countries.
Some doctors are dedicatedly doing infertility only.
Its better to go step wise.
Best wishes