Not getting hard erection. Is this related to nervous system?

Dec 2012

my penis Erects but it is not solid enough what could be the problem and what can i do to solve this problem ?and is it related to my nervous system
Posted Sat, 30 Mar 2013 in Erectile Dysfunction
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 23 minutes later

Thanks for posting on XXXXXXX

It seems to me you are suffering from a mild form of erectile dysfunction (ED). Parasympathetic fibers are the primary neuronal system involved in the erectile process. Adrenergic stimulation results in penile detumescence (is the reversal of the erection process, by which blood leaves the erectile tissue, returning to the flaccid state). Noncholinergic-nonadrenergic neurons in the penis cause penile tumescence through release of nitric oxide. Adequate androgen (testosterone) levels are usually required for libido.
In order to properly treat your ED, psychosocial factors should be evaluated. Medical conditions,medications, and history of prior pelvic surgical procedures should be
sought (of course by a doctor or a urologist). Physical examination should search for abnormalities of sexual characteristics or of the genitalia. Evidence of trauma, plaques, or testicular abnormalities should be assessed. A neurologic examination should be performed (still by a doctor).
Some laboratory tests to evaluate your blood cells, serum testosterone levels and serum prolactin levels measured (especially if there is a low sexual desire involved).
Treatment will depend on your degree of ED, findings from laboratory tests and also on your doctor. You might require sildenafil (viagra) or testosterone injections (if levels are found to be low). Surgical implants could be indicated (but in your case, that might not be necessary).

Hope this answers your question.
Dr. Bernard
Follow-up: Not getting hard erection. Is this related to nervous system? 1 hour later
Dr i have a very high sexual desire but a
Speed ​​extrusion before my penis Erects but it is not solid enough
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 4 hours later

Has this problem been going on for a while or is it just recent? The issue might just be from your mind or psychosocial. It is good to know that your sexual desire is high enough, then you will need your testosterone and prolactin levels checked as well. If deficiency of any of those is the cause then you will require treatment. Poor blood flow to the penis could be the onset of your worry (blood flow is responsible for erection of penis). I suggest you XXXXXXX a urologist as soon as possible as they might be some obstruction to blood flow to your penis and if that is the case, then it will have to be medico-surgically corrected.

Hope this helps and let me know if you got any more questions.
Dr. Bernard