Ask a Urologist   »  

Not diabetic, urinating frequency increased, no pain and irritation. Taking Urimax. Advise?

I am 71 year old male.Not a diabetic.My urinating frequency has increased.No pain or irritation.Just free following.No disturbance at night. I am taking URIMAX D 1tablet daily.Will this do.Pl advice. Thanks.
Posted Tue, 8 Oct 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 35 minutes later
Brief Answer:
yes, this will do

Detailed Answer:

You are on the right treatment. Urimax D is very helpful for you. Yes, this medicine will do for now. You do not need other medications or interventions.

The increased frequency will gradually decrease over the next 2 to 3 months.

Hope this helps you.

Wish you good health.

Follow-up: Not diabetic, urinating frequency increased, no pain and irritation. Taking Urimax. Advise? 4 hours later
Taking URIMAX D for 6months.No improvement,
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 14 hours later
Brief Answer:
Investigations required to assess prostrate size

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXX,

In such a case, please go for a review prostrate examination and an ultrasound to check for the decreasing size of the prostrate.

Also, get a serum PSA done and a digital rectal examination (DRE). You need to consult your Urologist for the same.