Ask a Urologist   »  

Not circumcised. Have red vein on penis. Not itchy. Reason?

I intermittently haave suffered from irritation on the inside of my foreskin...reddens veins slightly raised and itchy...i am not circumcised. on this occasion it has persisted much longer than normal almost recovering and then returning. Therei is no discharge just soreness /irritation.
Posted Tue, 18 Dec 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 45 minutes later
Hi Harryog
Welcome to healthcare Magic!
You are probably having a local irritation or an infection.
I think you should get a local examination and get a local swab for gram stain and culture.
The source of irritation can be caused by a built up of local secretions called smegma so you should retract the fore skin and clean the secretions with soap and water every alternate day for a fortnight. If your problem does not subside then probably you need to be examined by a local physician and get antibiotic course prescribed, the regimen your clinician would know.
Wish you a great health!
Follow-up: Not circumcised. Have red vein on penis. Not itchy. Reason? 3 hours later
I do not have secretions as clean regularly anyway so perhaps you might suggest an antibiotic cream or is it possibly fungal
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 9 hours later
Hi harruog,
Welcome back to Healthcare Magic Physician's Desk!
You should get the culture of the local swab and start applying antibacterial and antifungal cream( Cream Neosporin) twice a day.
You should get relief within 15days if not then you need to get examined again.
Wish you a great health!