Not breastfeeding after birth. Noticed movable lump under nipple. Should I be concerned?

Hi, my baby son is 6 months old. he is C-section. was never breast fed. we have noticed a little moveble lump under his nipple. we are worried and concerned. what is this?
Posted Sat, 13 Apr 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Sumitra Kumar Mukherjee 1 hour later

I gathered from the history that your six months old baby boy got a movable lump under his nipple. Some babies both male and female are affected by maternal hormone during pregnancy. It affects the breast tissue like mother. It is totally harmless.

It will gradually fade away.

Kindest regards,