Not able to reduce weight after walking daily. What is the reason?

Hi doctor. I am 23 yrs old and i weigh 81 kg.My height is 165 cm. I eat less.And i walk for about 30 minutes daily.But am not able to reduce my weight.May i know the reason and is there any way to reduce my thighs.
Posted Wed, 12 Sep 2012 in Weight & Lifestyle
Answered by Dr. Neelam Ashish Vanjari 59 minutes later

Thanks for writing in.
After counting your BMI, which is 29.75; you fall in category of overweight.

Losing weight is not all about eating less but it is about eating right at right time and in right amount.

You need to join gym, do cardio exercise for 30 minutes, do stretching for 20 min and weights for 15 min.

Take a look at food items which should be eliminated from your diet if possible.
Eliminate red meat from diet.
Cut out fried foods. Grill, bake, roast, broil or boil your food.
By starting lunch and dinner with a soup or salad, you will curb your hunger, which will in turn help you keep portion sizes in check and prevent you from overeating.

Stop having carbonated drinks.
Have lots of fruits and XXXXXXX vegetables instead of bakery items and non-veg items.
Even if you are taking them, reduce quantity you are taking.

Start your day with glass of water and lemon. Then hit the gym. Hydrate yourself well during exercise.
After 2-3 hrs gap, have breakfast with glass of milk. Then lunch by 1 o clock. Then light snacks at 4 and dinner at 8 o clock. Take gap of 3 hrs between dinner and bedtime.

Thigh will reduce if you continue cardio exercise and proper diet.
I hope I have answered your query. In case of any doubt I shall be happy to help you.
Best regards,
Dr. Neelam.