Not able to pronounce words properly. Guide

ENT Specialist
i am not able pronounce a word clearly..can you please help me to pronounce words
Posted Wed, 12 Jun 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 1 hour later

Thank you for your query.

1. You may approach any Audiology Centre / Speech & Hearing Clinic which has an SLP (Speech Language Pathologist).

2. A routine ENT and Neurology examination may be required to rule out any Aphonia or Dysarthria and to confirm that hearing is normal.

3. If all else is normal, this may be Apraxia, which is the inability to pronounce certain words correctly or consistently. Speech Therapy under the guidance of an SLP may help cure this condition.

I hope that I have answered your queries. If you have any further questions, I will be available to answer them.