Not able to lift leg and walk without pain. Should I go for medical check up?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I fell on my bike Wednesday of last week and I still can't lift my leg or push off let alone walk without pain should I go to my doctor
Posted Fri, 19 Oct 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
Since there is pain even after one week of the fall, a bone injury is likely.
After a sudden injury, appearance of pain, swelling with skin color changes, tenderness, etc are all indicative of hematoma formation either due to a fracture.
For diagnosis it is important to get an x-ray and a MRI scan of the area done. X-rays are very sensitive for picking up any fracture and MRI is one of the best tests for ruling out and identifying soft tissue injuries in the area of fall.
I recommend you to consult an Orthopedician for proper examination and required investigations.
Meanwhile -
1. Do a cold compress on the area of injury.
2. Avoid weight bearing on the foot.
3. Keep the leg elevated on two pillows while resting.
4. Get some mild pain killers prescribed from your doctor.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.