Not able to hear after getting hit on ear. What to do?

My husband was slapped in ear last night now can not hear What to do
Posted Thu, 25 Oct 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 1 hour later
Welcome to healthcare Magic!
An open palm slap on external ear can cause significant pressure changes and can cause a rupture of tympanic membrane, which is a thin membrane in our ear to receive and transmit the sound to small bones of middle ear.
Your husband seems to have undergone a rupture of the tympanic membrane and should consult an ENT surgeon as soon as possible to get evaluated further and management of the injury.
Please get these investigations and if you like, inform me in a Fresh Query / Follow up Query for further fine tuned opinion
Wish you a great health!