Nose hurts, feels raw with mucus and but have cold. Have odd smell like sinus infection. Having raw spots are forming. What to do?

ENT Specialist
Hi, sorry to bother you. The inside of my nose hurts, feels raw with mucus build up, enough that I have to blow my nose but I don't have a cold and my sinus' are not full. Today I have an odd smell, like a sinus infection. I've had sinus infections before and this is nothing like it. It is just inside of my nose that is raw and the raw spots are forming the hard (bugger like, sorry for the word) crust on them.
Appreciate you time :)
Posted Thu, 7 Nov 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Rule out Atrophic Rhinitis. Upload reports.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for your query.

1. One condition that needs to be ruled out with these symptoms is Atrophic Rhinitis.

2. If this is ruled out, then nasal swabs should be sent for culture to check for resistant bacteria and fungal infections.

3. If you can upload a video or images of a Nasal Endoscopy, a plain Sinus CT and culture reports, I will be able to suggest further treatment.

I hope that I have answered your query. If you have any further questions, I will be available to answer them.