Ask a Urologist   »  

Nose bleeds triggered by stress, bleeding, urge to urinate, no pain when urnating, genital pain, bloating

i have been having nose bleeds that i think are triggered by stress and a lot of blood comes out non stop for about 2-3 mins . i have been feeling the need to pee more than usual and only a little bit comes out, i have no pain when i pee but as soon as it stops I get a bad sharp pain through my genital area up to my pelvic bone. I feel the need that I need to pee more but it won't come out and it hurts. I thought that this may be a urinary infection but I have no pain whilst peeing, the pain comes when I stop peeing. my stomach has been sticking out as if I'm always bloated. it's been like this for about 2 or 3 weeks. I've lost my appetite. Im normally a hungry person but I feel like I don't want to eat at all sometimes.
Posted Tue, 11 Sep 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 2 hours later

Welcome to XXXXXXX

Bleeding from nose can occur due to local and systemic causes.

You should take an appointment with ENT specialist and get your nostrils examined. He may advise you some investigations on the basis of examination. Treatment of Epistaxis will depend upon the cause.

Nasal sprays containing phenylephrine/oxymetazoline reduce blood loss. During epistaxis you should pinch your nose firmly at least for 5 minutes to stop bleeding.

Your urinary problem can be due to stone in urinary bladder. You should get USG of lower abdomen and routine urine test done and consult an Urologist. Meanwhile, you can take urine alkaliser liquid 2tsf thrice daily,and Tab. Meftal spas one sos for pain. Drink more water.

During epistaxis, if you are swallowing blood, can cause gastric problems. You should get your liver profile done and can take Tab.Unienzyme twice daily just after lunch and dinner and Gelucil-MPS liquid 2 tsf four times a day. If report is abnormal, consult a physician.

Thanks for trusting XXXXXXX and posting your query.

Hope you found my response to your query informative and helpful.

If you have further concerns in this regard, I would be happy to discuss those with you as well.

With good wishes,

Dr.Chandra Shekhar Sharma