Nose bleeding, red eyes, low BP in the mornings. Can it be tumour, advise?

Hello, I have had two-three mornings waking up with nose bleed accompanied by red eyes. I am not on any medications, not pregnant, have very low blood pressure, haven't had trauma, have no genetic or blood clotting disorders, always have been very healthy. In fact, I've never had nose bleed (just once when I hit it). I had a runny nose 3 weeks ago that lasted longer than usual - about a month, accompanied by no other symptoms, but I am fine now. I don't think it's allergies. Could it be tumor?
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Thanks for posting the query.
In the absence of hypertension,clotting disorder,any trauma or any medication,as you have mentioned,other common causes which can result in bleeding from nose in you are
1. Blowing Your Nose Too Hard
Blowing your nose too hard can irritate the nasal passages through the force of dislodging the mucus or by exposing some of the tiny blood vessels that are located inside of the nose. 
2. A Cold or Flu
It really isn’t the virus itself that causes a nosebleed, but the blowing of the nose. Blowing your nose too often, just like blowing too hard, can cause a nosebleed. And if you have a runny nose, you’ll probably be blowing it every few minutes. 
3. Nasal Decongestants
When you have a cold, you may use nasal decongestants to clear your nasal passages. But they tend to dry out the nose, which can lead to a nosebleed.
4. Sinusitis
If you have a case of sinusitis, you may also get a nosebleed but most cases of nosebleeds from sinusitis are actually associated with the use of nasal decongestants.
5. Picking Your Nose
As gross as it is, if you pick too hard, especially if you have long and sharp fingernails.
6. Hot or Cold Weather
Extreme heat or cold, either from the weather or from indoor heating and air conditioning, can dry out the nose, which is a recipe for a nosebleed.
7. Allergies
8 Deviated Septum
9 Alcohol and Drug Use like cocaine
Using drugs, particularly drugs that tend to be snorted, such as cocaine, can cause nosebleeds. Drinking alcohol excessively can also cause nosebleeds because alcohol prohibits blood clotting and dilates the blood vessels.
Posterior Nosebleeds
10 Calcium Deficiency
11 Chemical Irritants like smoke etc
Going by your history of a month long running nose,you may be suffering from sinusitis.Although tumour can cause bleeding from nose but it looks very unlikely in you and so stop worrying on that account.
You start taking steam inhalation three times a day for 7 to 10 days and you should be alright but if you don't improve by then or your symptoms worsen,you must consult an ENT specialist for the examination and treatment.
I hope to have answered your query however you can revert to me fir any further query.
Thanks and best of luck.
Follow-up: Nose bleeding, red eyes, low BP in the mornings. Can it be tumour, advise? 46 minutes later
Thank you Dr. XXXXXXX I still think it's strange the bleeding occurs only in the morning right before I wake up - I'm not blowing my nose, I'm absolutely on no medications or vitamins and no drug/alcohol consumption ( I may be drinking coffee to much, but that's it), and I am sure I don't have calcium deficiency as I eat plenty of yogurt each day and my congestion has been gone for a month. The air in my bedroom is just fine - it's not dry, it's spring right now. And why are my eyes red? Do you still think it's sinus infection? I don't have headaches as in previous sinus infections ( I've had at least 2-3 of them in the last 2 years).
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 7 hours later
If you are a nose breather during the night, what is happening is the lining tissues in your nose are getting dried out and then you sit up and the blood rushes to your nose and this can burst capillaries. Try using a moisturizing nose spray before going to bed like a saline nasal spray.
Since you had a running nose for a month prior to your nosebleed,sinusitis seems to be the cause and it is not necessary to have headaches in all sinusitis all the times.
So there could be a combination of factors like some drying of nasal passages along with mild sinusitis along with some cold allergy,as manifested by your red eyes in morning,for causing your nasal bleeds.
Steam inhalation along with saline nasal sprays should make you alright.