Nose and throat always dry, sore, sniffling, have constant pain in neck and on lot of stress. How to cure it?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
hi ,i have this problem with my nose ,throat, always dry, sore ,never able to blow my nose, always sniffling,very uncomfortable,annoying, also i have constant pain in my neck.,I am on a lot of stress.Also my soft palet kind a sore or..I do not know how to explain ..I just suffer every day almost 2 years.Please help.
Thank you
Posted Wed, 29 May 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
The dryness of your nasal mucosa and the throat mucosa is likely to be causing the feeling of soreness that you are having. This can be related to a local infection, decreased fluid intake, electrolyte or thyroid hormone disturbances. Stress and anxiety can also cause these symptoms.
A direct examination by an ENT specialist is an integral part of diagnosis. Systemic antibiotics may be needed to take care of the infection.
Meanwhile you can apply vaseline in your nostrils, do warm saline gargles and increase your fluid intake.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.