Nose and sinus are red and swollen with blisters. How to get rid of this problem?

My nose and sinus are red and swollen with blisters on my nose which weep clear liquid It extends to my glands It is under my eyes and down both sides of my face
Posted Mon, 3 Dec 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Kappan 7 hours later

It would be easier to answer the query if you could let me know the following details.
1.     Since how many days are you having this problem?
2.     Are these lesions painful?
3.     Is there any itching or burning sensation?
4.     Do you have fever or sore throat?
5.     Do they crust after the liquid oozes out?
6.     Do you have similar blisters anywhere else on your body?
7.     Please include an image of the lesion here.

The blisters seen around mouth or nose region usually are caused by virus. Hence it is better to take some steps to prevent further worsening of the condition.

- Avoid squeezing the blisters.
- Keep the affected area clean.
- Wash the face with antimicrobial soap and dab with a clean and dry towel.
- You can take Vitamin C supplements which will boost your immunity.

Let me know with more details, so that I can get back to you at the earliest.

Follow-up: Nose and sinus are red and swollen with blisters. How to get rid of this problem? 28 hours later
I managed to get an appointment with my doctor who confirmed it as a virus and now on penicillin thank you
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Kappan 10 hours later

Thanks for the follow up.

I am glad to know that you have consulted your doctor and that it is only a viral infection. They usually subside by its self and do not need any treatment. Your doctor might have started you on penicillin to prevent secondary bacterial infections. Hope I have relieved you of your concerns.

I will be available to answer further queries. Wish you a speedy recovery.

Thank you.