Nose and head injury, headache. Taken panadol. Should further treatment be provided?

Hi my 8 year old son was playing a friendly game of soccer with his brother this afternoon and sustained a ball in the head from the nose up. He did not appear confused at all but said he found it hard to stop his brothers kicks for a while after the knock to the head. He was happy enough during the course of the evening but complained of a headache before bed. I gave him some panadol and he said it improved but was not gone. He said his headache was on his forehead. Do you feel I need to be concerned or look into it further?
Posted Mon, 16 Jul 2012 in Head Injuries
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 2 hours later
Thanks for writing in.
Since you were not present at the site of incidence, you might not be able to assess the severity of injury.

In view of headache, I think he needs a primary evaluation. After the evaluation, the physician can decide if at all CT scan is needed. So though visit to doctor would be more of a precautionary measure, I think you should consider seeing your doctor.

Hope this answers your question.