Nose and chest hurts while cleaning with calcium lime rust and bleach. What to do?

yes i was cleaning with clr and added bleach the smell hurts my nose and chest
Posted Tue, 16 Oct 2012 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 2 hours later
Hello and thanks for the query.

Please stay away from this mixture. The combination of bleach and the CLR has created a chemical reaction with noxious fumes which could overcome you.

I suggest you ventilate the area well and cover and remove the mixture.

I don't think you will have any long term effects at all from this. Your symptoms should resolve within a couple of days.

Thanks again for the query. Please let me know of I can be of any additional assistance.

Dr Robert