Normally taking Amlodipine. Raised the dosage. Can I start from morning?

I normally take 5mg of Amlodipine at 4:15pm daily. The doctor raised dosage to 10mg and wants me to take in the mornings. So I took 10mg today at 4:00pm. Do I start tomorrow morning even though it's been less than 24 hours?
Posted Thu, 11 Jul 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Jorge Brenes-Salazar 52 minutes later

thanks for your health concerns. yes, the appropiate thing to do is to start 10 mg tomorrow morning; the medication needs about 5 half lives to reach full effect so in your case that would be within the next 4 or 5 days; it builds up gradually

yours truly

Dr Brenes Salazar MD
Mayo Clinic MN