Normal weight, BP, cholesterol, regular exercise, quit smoking, MI, insertion of stents, ICD for tachy, life expectancy

Question
Posted Wed, 25 Apr 2012 in General Health
Follow-up: Normal weight, BP, cholesterol, regular exercise, quit smoking, MI, insertion of stents, ICD for tachy, life expectancy 34 hours later
With retirement in mind I am looking for an estimated life expectancy.I am aged 55 with normal weight,bp & cholesterol,I take regular exercise & stopped smoking 5 years ago.I had an MI 2 years ago with insertion of 4 stents & an ICD for post mi v tachy.

Answered by Dr. Deepak Anvekar 6 hours later

To answer your question, i would need additional details which are important. Please provide the following details so that I can help you accordingly.

1. Sex :
2. Race :
3. Education status:
4. Sleeping hours per day :
5. Waist circumferance in inches :
(Waist circumference is measured around the narrowest point between ribs and hips when viewed from the front after exhaling.)

6. Hip circumferance in inches:
(Hip circumference is measured at the point where the buttocks is maximumally extended, when viewed from the side.)

7. Level of stress in daily life: Low / average / high:

8. Physical activity (work, recreation, and exercise): sedentary / duration of workouts / intensity of workouts

9. Any medical history of Diabetes, lung disease, gastrointestinal conditions , Drug use (other than mentioned earlier):

10. Marital status: Married / Divorced / Single

Once these details are received i will promptly give you a proper estimation of life expected.

Regards.

Follow-up: Normal weight, BP, cholesterol, regular exercise, quit smoking, MI, insertion of stents, ICD for tachy, life expectancy 5 hours later
1.male
2.white caucasian.
3.university graduate.
4.8 hours.
5.39"
6.40"
7.high.
8.30mins strenuous exercise(cycling) 3 days a week.
9.barrets oesophagus.on b blocker,aspirin,plavix,statin,protium.
10.married.

Answered by Dr. Deepak Anvekar 1 hour later

Based on the history provided and a few assumptions that:

1. You follow a healthy diet, eat 2-3 servings of fruit daily, eat a moderately low fat diet.

2. You have moderate - high stress levels in your day to day life.

3. You regularly have medical examinations and are compliant with the medications prescribed.
AND
4. Feel satisfied with your life, No forms of depression, occasional anxiety, enjoy your current job, etc.

Including the above assumptions, your life expectancy would be in the range of 75 - 80 years.

I will be available for any follow up questions that you might be having.