Normal to bleed for a day on menstrual cycle? On depo shots

Depo is it normal to bleed for 1 day on your menstral I'm also late for my deppo shot
Posted Mon, 7 May 2012 in Birth Control
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 3 hours later
I would like to reassure you that there is nothing to worry about if you are late for your shot of depo-progesterone but you would need to ensure that you are not pregnant.
I would suggest that you perform a urine pregnancy test before taking the shot. There are easily available kits available for the same.
The chances of irregular menses are more with a depot preparation of progesterone. So it would be normal to have breakthrough bleeding.
I hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer if you have no further queries.
Any further query is most welcome

Follow-up: Normal to bleed for a day on menstrual cycle? On depo shots 5 hours later
Iok I have also had cramping and felt faint is that normal
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 13 hours later

Cramping can be due to dysmenorrhoea or Pelvic inflammatory disease or endometriosis or ectopic pregnancy.

Fainting can be due to anemia, stress, hypotension or acute pain abdomen.

Get your investigations done like hemoglobin, ultrasound and BP check up.

Best wishes.