Normal systolic BP, low diastolic BP, headache, lip twitches, dizziness, numbness in hands. How to get relief?

My blood pressure is 124 over 59 and I'm bottom lip keep jumping like it have a heart in it. My head is hurting and about 30 minutes ago I was in Walmart and starting feeling fant/dizzy. What should I do? Also I keep experiencing numbness in both of my hands.
Posted Sat, 26 May 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 hours later

The blood pressure reading given is not too XXXXXXX but the diastolic (59 mm hg ) BP is low. This considering your age into account could be due to mild dehydration and the symptoms you have also are typical in dehydration.Numbness, twitches in vascular areas like lip , dizziness etc are all indicative of low blood volume.

I would say there is no need to worry and do hydrate your self with Juices and Oral rehydration solutions.

Low blood volume could be due to decreased fluids in it or even in conditions like anaemia.Also do get your haemoglobin test done to rule out anaemia.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Follow-up: Normal systolic BP, low diastolic BP, headache, lip twitches, dizziness, numbness in hands. How to get relief? 1 hour later
Thank you so much I was scared I was having a stroke and didn't know it. Right before I found this site I was about to go to the ER. Thanks for your time and advice.
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 1 hour later
You are welcome. If you like my answers and wish me to answer in future, bring it to my attention,

Thanks for using this service.

Dr Raju