Normal mammogram, swollen nipple, bleeding, no pain or palpable mass. Further testing?

I had my mammogram which was normal. A few days later I noticed half of my left nipple was swollen and had a spot that appeared to be an open tiny wound. At the time it seemed to express blood. I had my regular annual exam with my gyno on 7/23 and he advised it looked like trauma and to apply warm compresses till it subsides. Today I woke to blood all over my nightshirt. The breast isn't painful an there aren't any palpable masses. I should also add I take bio identical hormones. Should I push for further testing?
Posted Fri, 5 Oct 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 1 hour later
The symptoms you have described isnt a good sign.Discharge from the nipple can occur either due to infection like mastitis etc ir malignancy. Bloody discharge is definitely a bad sign.You need to be examined again by a surgeon. Repeat the mammogram if necessary.You need to be investigated further.It could also be a sinus/fistula which could also bleed.That too needs to be checked out by a surgeon.
Further testing is needed.A diagnosis has to be made.