Normal echocardiogram, abnormality in left ventricle when heart relaxes. What is your opinion?

Cardiologist, Interventional

I had an echocardiogram the other day. My cardiologist said that it was normal. Through Conversation he stated that there was a small abnormality in the left ventriclewhen the heart relaxants but he didn't write that in the report because he felt that echoes are not perfect and that it just had something to do with the actual machine.he didn't believe that that was a true report and in fact he didn't even really give me any advice on following up with that. What is your opinion?
Posted Tue, 17 Apr 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Prabhakar C Koregol 2 hours later

Generally people after forty years do have some abnormality in relaxation which we call as diastolic dysfunction.

Unless there are additional abnormalities, it may not be reported. And there is nothing wrong with it. You don't have to worry.

I hope, I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up queries.

Follow-up: Normal echocardiogram, abnormality in left ventricle when heart relaxes. What is your opinion? 34 minutes later
There were no other abnormalities. Does this mean that it will progress into heart failure. If so, how long does that progression take?
Answered by Dr. Prabhakar C Koregol 33 hours later
No, it does not tell anything about progression to heart failure nor does it have any other major clinical implication.