Normal blood pressure and pulse rate?

blod pressure 112/74 pulse rate 94 is this normal
Posted Fri, 20 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Savita Mishra 24 minutes later

At your age of 36 yrs, 112/74 mmHg is a normal blood pressure (in the normotensive range). The normal Blood Pressure in the poulation depends upon age. The upper blood pressure (systolic) varies from 110 to 140. In young people like you it should be 110-120 and in elderly a normal can be upto 140. Similarly lower blood pressure (diastolic) is 60-90 mm mercury.

Your Pulse rate is also within the normal range. The pulse rate varies with activity. When we are sleeping, it is on lower side that is 60to 75 per minute and when we are awake and during usual activities, it is usually 80-90. A pulse of 94 is perfectly normal.

Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries.