Normal TSH level, symptoms of low thyroid disease. More tests?

My tsh level is normal but I have symptoms that are similar to low thyroid disease. Should I have more thyroid tests done.
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Sapan J. Pandya 31 minutes later

Yes, you may go for Serum.T3, Serum. T4, Free T3, Free T4, Thyroid Antibody test, Radioactive iodine uptake also.

You may also check your SGOT / SGPT level for increased S. Bilirubin.

MCH is borderline low. It means Mean Corpuscular Haemoglobin. Low values of MCH suggests that less haemoglobin in normal sized red blood cell. Low values of MCH also suggests that red blood cells have become larger in size with normal iron content.

I hope I have solved all your queries.
Follow-up: Normal TSH level, symptoms of low thyroid disease. More tests? 2 hours later
I quit taking the Benicar because it seemed to magnify the pain I'm having. Do you have any other suggestions as to what might be causing this pain and fatigue? I have pain in muscles and joints and a very low energy level.
Answered by Dr. Sapan J. Pandya 5 hours later

Thanks for your follow-up.

BENICAR (Olmesartan) is given for high blood pressure. Normally BENICAR (without a diuretic) does not cause all the problems (Fatigue, Muscle & Joint Pains) you have mentioned. It is XXXXXXX to stop a high blood pressure medicine without consulting your physician. There is a risk of rebound hypertension.

You may also check your Serum B-Complex & Folate levels apart from the tests previously mentioned.
There is also CHRONIC FATIGUE SYNDROME to think about if all tests are normal.

Wish you good health.