Normal LDL,raised WBC count,infection

results of blood: LDL:114/ WBC:13.3/Monocytes:3/Neutrophils absolute:8.95/Protein:trace/Bacteria:OCC - am 45 yr old female, 5'2", 117 lbs ` active life ` lot o stress
Posted Sat, 28 Apr 2012 in Blood Disorders
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 15 minutes later

According to your blood reports, your LDL is within normal limits.

You have a raised WBC count- mild with raised neutrophils suggestive of an acute infection in your body.

The source of infection needs to be found out after a complete examination.

A blood culture might help in suggesting if there is any septicaemia.

Antibiotics will be needed to treat these abnormalities after finding out the source of infection.
I would suggest you to consult your physician for further investigations and evaluation.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.