Non-tuberculous mycobacteria detected in uterus. Will it cause infertility?

May 2013
Married since 14 years. All required tests performed except NTMB. Other tests ok. Non-tuberculous mycobacteria detected in uterus. whether it shall be cause of infertility ? treatment ...
Posted Fri, 3 May 2013 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 42 minutes later

Yes, non-tuberculous mycobacteria can also cause infertility by affecting the endometrium and tubes etc.
So, you have take treatment for it.
The treatment options usually involve macrolid antibiotics, ethambutol, rifampicin etc.
The schedule of the drugs and duration of treatment will depend on the severity of the disease.
So you consult your doctor and take treatment for it.
After treatment, you have to undergo hysterosalpingography once to check the patency of the tubes, then you can plan for pregnancy.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.