Non-itchy red bump with yellowish ring, lump below armpit, sore throat, fever. Related?

A few days ago I got a pimple or bite. It wasn't itchy though. Today there's still a small red bump with yellowish ring. Around same time I notices a lump under armpit. Now there are 2 small and 1 bigger. They really hurt. I was thinking it could be an infection or ingrown hair. I don't feel 100 percent and I have a sore throat and I feel like I have a bit of a temperature. I tried to squeeze the pimple on my arm but nothing came out. Could that be why it's bruised. I also had a scratch on my left arm which had a scab and is now falling off. Im concerned it could be something serious. Are the 3 things related?
Posted Tue, 2 Oct 2012 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 2 hours later
Hi dear,

thanks for writing in.

The three things you have described are not related.

The lesion in your arm pit can be folliculitis a bacterial infection.

The sore throat and fever can be a symptom of pimple can lead to bruised appearance.

For all these you need to take an analgesic anti inflammatory drug like paracetamol and ibuprofen. These will take care of pain and fever.

Also you can apply topical antibiotic like mupirocin over the affected area.It will take care of bumps in armpit and pimple you got.

There is nothing to be worried about.

Photos of the affected part will be helpful in giving a specific advise.

Hope this helps.