Non-itchy rash on thigh, vaginal itch, had sex. Likelihood of having HIV?

I have a non-itchy rash on my upper inner thigh that has gone done quite a bit. It has been there for maybe a week. There was a little inflammation. However, there were no open sores or lesions. I also had vaginal itch, but nothing intense. I have had no other symptoms related to HIV. The rash itself was red and not darker like the rash symptoms are described to be. I only had sex once, not really much at all, but the guy is known to get around. What is the liklihood of me having HIV? Or, what else could it be?
Posted Sun, 26 Aug 2012 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 1 hour later

Based on your symptoms I would not consider HIV being a possibility.

The skin rashes and the vaginal mucosa has to be examined to arrive at a diagnosis.

Need not worry, Since the status of the person you had intercourse with is not known to be positive or negative then the chances of you getting infection are negligible.

I would like to have a look at the rash you have, if you could please attach an image of the lesion here.I shall be able to advice specifically after having a look at the image.

Waiting for your reply.