Non itchy non painful lump in the anus, vaginal itching. Is it hemorrhoid? History of breast cancer. On estrogen blocking drugs and Arimidex

Excellent

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Question
In treating a vaginal irritation I discovered a smooth, NON itchy, NON painful, small lump on the edge of my anus closest to the vagina. No bleeding, either. Tightening the sphincter draws it in and pushing out/down makes it appear again. It is slightly larger than a pea...could this be a hemorrhoid? cyst? or something more serious? I am a breast cancer survivor and have been on estrogen blocking drugs several times Presently on Arimidex. I am 60 years old
Posted Tue, 12 Jun 2012 in Chron's Disease

Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 10 hours later
Hi

Thanks for posting your query

What I gather from your information is this :

There is a small slightly larger than a pea sized sweeling in anterior part of anal opening

There is no pain or bleeding

It goes in when you contract the sphincter and comes out when you relax it

All this is suggestive of a hemorrhoid

One thing I need to know is if you are suffering from constipation ?
How long has this swelling been there?
What is the consistency of the swelling - Soft-Firm-Hard?

Till then I would reassure you not to worry a lot about it.
If you are constipated add lot of fiber to your diet and take plenty of fluids orally

Get back to me with the information and I will be in a better position to reassure you

Am available for followup queries
Get Well Soon

Follow-up: Non itchy non painful lump in the anus, vaginal itching. Is it hemorrhoid? History of breast cancer. On estrogen blocking drugs and Arimidex 2 hours later
Have a fiber diet but occasionally have some constipation. Not often but some times stool is harder to pass....happened a few days ago. Don't know how long it's been there. Don't have a reason to be looking there except for the recent application of ointment for vaginal irritation. Lump seems to be fairly soft and smooth. The absence if any hemmorhoidal symptoms (bleeding, itching or pain) is what brought about my concern. Thank you

Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 4 hours later
Hi

Thanks for your followup

Ok it seems it is an external hemorrhoidal tag, usually suggestive of a chronic fissure

Need not worry, all hemorrhoids are not painful nor do all bleed

It would be better if you increase fiber in your diet and control constipation

If it is difficult to pass stool, it may be advisable if you add laxative as an when need be

Hope this helps
Am Available for followup queries
Get Well Soon