Ask a Urologist   »  

Non cancerous cells discovered from bladder after cystoscopy. Small urine flow, penis pains. Suggest ointment

I am 82 year old male, a week ago I had a cystoscopy, the urologist scraped a few non cancerous tissues from my bladder and from my enlarged prostate. Five days later I was released, however the burning feeling in my penis continues and strangely I have to pass mstool as well, otherwise the urin flow would be very small. Is there an ointment I could put inside my penis, and into my anus as well. Thank you for your answering my query. Yours XXXXXXX Jasek from Australia.
Posted Sat, 14 Apr 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Andrew Rynne MD 2 hours later
Hi there XXXXXXX

Thank you for posting your question here.

The burning sensation you are feeling in your penis is probably urethritis as a result of instrumentation and your having to have a catheter in place for some days. It will almost certainly settle of its own accord.

Drink lot of water in the meantime. Cranberry juice will also help. I don't think that there is any useful ointment.

Good luck. You should be fine.