Noisy gas, diarrhea, heartburn, indigestion and acid reflux. Yellow stools, bloating and burning. Need help.

Gastroenterologist
Question
Hi doctor
I have stomach problems for more than a month It started suddenly I had a lot of noisy gas running in my stomach after eating followed by diharria then I had heartburn indigestion and acid reflux early mornings I went to doctor he gave me Prevacid 30 mg the noisy gas stopped but the heartburn and acid was ongoing the second doctor gave me donnatal I had ulcer bacteria test negative after using donnatal the acidic feeling got better but now I have indigestion bloating and fullness after eating I had a bloodwork my eos was high my poop is yellow color and sometimes I have burning feeling after poop can you helP me with this
Thank you
Posted Thu, 26 Apr 2012 in Abdominal Pain

Answered by Dr. Poorna Chandra K.S 18 hours later

Abdominal bloating, feeling of indigestion and bloating are manifestations of either intestinal dysmotility or a reduced compliance of the gut. The reduced compliance could be secondary to inflammation.

By history you probably have intestinal infection followed by Gastroesophageal reflux disease.

Donnatal is a combination of phenobarbital, hyoscyamine, atropine and scopolamine. Some of these reduce the intestinal motility and can themselves produce the symptoms that you have.

I would advice you to first get your stool tested for a routine examination under the guidance of your physician on two occasions, avoid milk and milk products for 2 weeks and take some probiotics and prokinetics.

Hope I have answered your query. Should you have any additional concerns, I will be available to address them.

Dr XXXXXXX