Nodules on thyroid, sore throat, ear pain, dry cough. Nodules causing symptoms?

I recently found out that I have two nodules on my thyroid.My TSH is currently 5.17. I am waiting for Dr to come back from vacation on Aug 30th for FNA. Meanwhile, I have developed a constant sore throat and ears hurt. And have realized that I've had this dry hacking cough for months even an inhaler does not help. Do you think the nodules are causing all these symptoms? I'm miserable with no energy and dragging myself to the gym at least 3 times a week for 2 hours trying to be healthy
Posted Sun, 9 Sep 2012 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 1 hour later

No, the sore throat, pain in the ears and the dry cough you have could not be related to the thyroid condition you have.Most of the symptoms in thyroid illness are either due to excess hormone or deficiency of the hormone which affects most of the endocrine function and metabolism in the body.

Dry cough for longer periods is commonly seen due to constant Pharyngitis which itself presents as sore throat.I suggest you to gargle with antiseptic solution like CHLORHEXIDINE twice daily after food for three days a week.This will surely put an end to chronic infection in your throat and relieve from the the dry cough.

Hope I answered your query.

Wish you good health.