Ask a Urologist   »  

Nodule on penis surface, no utheral discharge, no pain, palpitation on the vein. Advise ?

Im a 28 yrs old male with no past history of any medical problems... and about 2 months ago I noticed a small pin sized nodule on the bottom side of my penis just below the frenulum. This Small nodule is connected on the interior to a hard vein/vessel which seems to be about 1/2 inch long. This hard vein/vessel is not able to be seen as it extends subcutaneously towards the head. Upon palpation of this nodule and vein/vessel an oily semi-clear fluid began to come out of the pin sized hole in the nodule. The nodule is much more present after masterbation and is much less apparent when flaccid. There is no pain what so ever associated with this nodule and there is also no urethral discharge either. I have read about penile thrombosis and penile lymph nodes but still havent been able to pin point my condition. Any and all advise would be greatly appreciated.
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 13 hours later

Based on your description, it seems like you have Subcutaneous nodule.

It shall be great if you could send a pic of the lesion.

You have a feature to upload the image by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that.

I will be able to suggest you better after that.

Waiting for your reply.

Follow-up: Nodule on penis surface, no utheral discharge, no pain, palpitation on the vein. Advise ? 7 hours later
Thanks for the reply. I would like to further clarify that the nodule is on the surface and the hard vein/vessel is under and unable to be seen. From what i can find on the web other subcutaneous nodules are much larger and don't have a head on the surface where the oily substance can be secreted. Although I've left it alone for the past few days and the head has seemed to heal over not allowing any secretion the hard vein/vessel underneath remains unchanged. I've attached a picture to hopefully help in your diagnosis. I would like to know on the bad side of things what this may be even if you feel it is a non STD. thanks
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 16 hours later
Thanks for the follow up.

You seem to be having nothing but encased sebaceous gland on the undersurface of penis.

You can either leave it like this or can get removed by minor surgery under local anesthesia.

Beyond that you don't need to worry about it.

Follow-up: Nodule on penis surface, no utheral discharge, no pain, palpitation on the vein. Advise ? 19 hours later
Thank you for the response. My only question now is if I don't proceed with surgery... should I leave it alone? Should I drain it regularly? Will draining it lead to further issues, or help with the flushing of the fluid build-up? Thanks
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 5 hours later

You can leave it just like that.

Don't intentionally try to drain it.

However, if it grows large in size or gets infected then you will have to get it treated surgically.