No weight gain in ninth month of pregnancy. Should I be concerned?

Infertility Specialist
My wife has just entered her 9 month of pregnancy. Her weight is remains same 45 KG from last 1 month. Is it a sign of great concern for foetus growth ? What should be the immediate step to overcome any difficulty during the delivery period? Please advice.
Posted Sun, 1 Dec 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 10 minutes later
Brief Answer: Get doppler ultrasound Detailed Answer: Hi, Her weight should have increased. Her total weight 45 kg is also lower. Please visit a fetal medicine specialist to get fetal doppler ultrasound of fetus to see if there is intrauterine growth restriction ( IUGR). If fetus is not growing its a matter of concern. Please follow up with doppler report Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol