No sensation in toes. Motor nerve conduction study done. What treatment should be done?

Patient Name - XXXXXX
She is suffering from no sensation is toes. While walking normally slippers go out and she does not able to feel it. Motor nerve conduction study done. Result - CMAP AMPL is low in personal and tribal and normal in median and Ulnar.
F Wave Study - F Wave is NR in all the nerves tested
Impression - NCV/EMG Study is S/o Axonal Sensori-motor neuropathy invoving LL>UL
In this situation please suggest the further treatment? Should we need to go for some specialized treatment?

Sensory Nerve Study - SNAP are absent in all the nerves tested
Posted Mon, 8 Apr 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 58 minutes later

Thanks for the query,

I understand your concern

Let me tell you that the nerve conduction test that you have done, indicates that the peripheral nerves are damaged. But it does not tell us the exact cause of such changes. These changes can be seen in patients with diabetes, vitamin B12 deficiency, thyroid problem, kidney problem, cancer related nerve problem and the list is big infract.

I advise you to get evaluated with a neurologist locally and the aim will be to find out the cause as the specific treatment can be given and the outcome can be predicted.

You must undergo specific treatment and evaluation

As you are from Pune, you can XXXXXXX Dr XXXXXXX XXXXXXX Doshi who will help you in this issue

Hope this helps
Please let me know if I can help you in any way
Best wishes

Dr Gopal K Dash
Consultant Neurologist XXXXXXX Hrudayalaya Hospital

Follow-up: No sensation in toes. Motor nerve conduction study done. What treatment should be done? 13 hours later
I'm not from Pune. I'm from Patna. Can you please suggest some good neurologist at Patna?
Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 11 hours later

You can go to AIIMS patna

Best wishes