No relief with pantocid for ulcer in oesophagus and vomiting, what is the cure?

Gastroenterologist
Question
Hi Dr. Narasi, I have been suffering from regular digestion problems for the past 3 years or so. My problem is that most of the time when I have non veg food, my stomach gets filled with gas and then the only way to get relief is vomiting. I got myself tested and a 30 cm deep ulcer was detected in my oesophagus after biopsy. I have been advised pantocid, but despite taking that regularly, I still suffer from the same problem. Can you please help ?
Posted Thu, 23 Jan 2014 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Gastric outlet obstruction Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for posting your query. I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to assist you. Gastric outlet obstruction is a possibility. A repeat endoscopy may have to be done to confirm this. You may have to get treated for H.pylori infection. Consult a gastroenterologist in Delhi for these tests and prescription Let me know if I can assist you further. Regards, Dr.Ratnakar Kini

Follow-up: No relief with pantocid for ulcer in oesophagus and vomiting, what is the cure? 18 minutes later
Can you give me some more details as in what are the possible treatment methods and what are the precautions to be taken to prevent this problem ? And also what kind of medicines should I take?

Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 17 hours later
Brief Answer: Answer given below Detailed Answer: Hi, The problem is due to increased acidity and a possible ulcer. You need to take treatment for H.pylori infection which is one of the most common causes of ulcer disease. You have mentioned that you have a 30 cm (?) deep ulcer in the esophagus. I presume you have mentioned the size wrong. I have told about the possible diagnosis only based on the information you have given. Before starting the treatment, the diagnosis has to be confirmed. That is why I told you to get an endoscopy done before planning the next course of action. Let me know if I can assist you further. Regards, Dr.Ratnakar Kini