No periods, unprotected sex, no ejaculation inside vagina, missed birth control pills, negative pregnancy test. Chances of pregnancy ?

Question
i take a contionous birth control so i dont have a period, i go 21 days in a pack instead of 28 days, i missed my pill on the 4th and had unprotected sex on the 7th, he did not cum in me. i took a test yesterday and it was negative was it to early? please help me, and i pregnant
i just looked online too and my birth control interactions list topomax and im on that and no one ever told me to use back up
Posted Thu, 12 Apr 2012 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 14 minutes later

You missed your pill on 4th september and had unprotected sex on 7th september.
I presume you did not take two pills on the next day that is on 5th September, as is suggested for any missing pills.

Since you are taking pills continuously without any pill free interval, the chances of having periods after finishing the pack are less even if you are not pregnant.

Taking a pregnancy test right now is too early to detect any change in your hormone levels.
You should repeat the urine test for pregnancy with an early morning sample of urine after 27th September (after a week) and to be doubly sure can get blood beta - hcg levels tested after 4-5 days under the guidance of your Gynecologist.

Topomax does increase the metabolism of oral contraceptives thus decreasing their efficacy. You can discuss with your doctor about this matter.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer them.

Regards.