No periods, unprotected sex, negative pregnancy test, pregnant ?

I need to know wheather am i pregnant or not.
Posted Sat, 14 Apr 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani 37 minutes later

Your one sentence query is very confusing. Without a proper history it is difficult to give a proper comment. Please provide the following information

You have not mentioned your menstrual history - when was your last menstrual period? Are you facing any period problem currently? - If you are facing a period problem currently, were your periods regular in the past?

Did you involve in an unprotected sexual intercourse? - if yes how long ago?

If you have missed period or your periods are delayed for more than a week, Then you could be pregnant unless ruled out by pregnancy test. Hence to confirm pregnancy you have to go for pregnancy test such as Urine pregnancy test.

The tests may also be needed, if you have other symptoms of pregnancy such as nausea, vomiting, increased urination, back ache, breast swelling / soreness or any other unusual symptoms.

In the absence of such symptoms and if you have had your periond, then there are remote chances of pregnancy.

Awaiting your reply to give a better comments on your query.

Follow-up: No periods, unprotected sex, negative pregnancy test, pregnant ? 3 hours later

I had my last periods on 6th March which was for 3 days and i had intercourse with my husband from 9th to 12th March thrice a day after that we didnt had till now and it was unprotected intercourse which we had for 4 days and my periods are normal everymonth i get my periods on date or before 2 days of my periods but this time i have missed out my periods and its 7days delayed already.

I had urine test twice but it was negative after20 days of intercourse i had checked and on 6th march i had checked it was negative do i need to check again because i have vommitting sensation headache and back ache severe and my legs are painful.
Answered by Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani 7 hours later

You told that you checked urine on 6th March but I think you mean it on 6th April which is very early to give result.

Now 7 days passed you can do the urine pregnancy test (kits are available like Velocit, pregasure) and result mostly confirms whether it is positive or negative. You can recheck for every 72 hours for 3 to 4 times.

Hope this answers your query.
Follow-up: No periods, unprotected sex, negative pregnancy test, pregnant ? 10 hours later

Yesterday night i had a check but it was negative, so do i need to check again or need to wait for somedays more and i dont want to have a child so soon.
So please suggest me what can i do as the symtoms looks like iam pregnant never my periods were delayed for somemanys days infact i use to have my periods 2 to 3 days early before my date.

In how many days does we get the perfect result of the pregnancy after we have the intercourse. And i had the intercourse on 4th to 8th day of my periods is there the possibility of getting pregnant.

Awaiting for your reply, Please reply me asap.

Answered by Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani 22 minutes later

As you checked your urine now and it shows negative for pregnancy,most probably you are not pregnant.

The next thing is repeat the same test with early morning urine sample only for two more times with a gap of 3 days each.

After one more week and then you consult a Gynecologist to resume periods.

Wish you Good Health.