No periods, unprotected sex, brown discharge, headache, increased appetite. Missed birth control pills. Pregnancy?

bein on cerazette since XXXXXXX havent had a preiod ince iv bein on it i 4got 2 day a few day maybe a few weeks off the pill and had sex with my hubby then he went away and i didnt tak the pill then i started a little browning then that stoped and i bein feeling sick headach eatting loads neally passing out bein sick had tests the say im not but i feel preg as my belly is getting bigger
Posted Fri, 20 Apr 2012 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 2 hours later

Thank you for the query.
If you are in acute distress, I would suggest that you visit the emergency room as soon as possible.
Information often helps doctors evaluate better and I would request you to give me a few more details in order to allow an accurate assessment:
When you did stop taking Cerazette? If you have been doing so irregularly, when did you last take the pill?
When was the pregnancy test done?
When was your last menstrual period?
Were you taking Cerazette when you had intercourse with your husband? If not, did you have protected intercourse?
How long have you been taking Cerazette?
Are your periods otherwise regular?

Cerazette offers protection against pregnancy for only 12 hours after taking it. If you are more than 12 hours late taking it, you will not be protected against pregnancy and should use an extra barrier method of contraception, like condoms for next two days, while continuing to take your pills as normal.
Although your history suggests that the cause of your symptoms could be a side effect of the drug, pregnancy cannot be ruled out if you had unprotected sex. If you have discontinued Cerazette and miss your next period, I would suggest that a urine pregnancy test be done 1 week after you’ve missed your period. This needs to be done using an early morning first sample of the day after a week of missing your periods. This is the ideal way of testing for pregnancy at Home.
I hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries.

Good Luck.

Take Care.

Dr. Mohammed Tauseef.