No periods, taken MTP pills, done TVS, need to go for serum BHCG test, fluid around ovaries and uterus

Oncologist
Question
AS M NOT INTERESTED TO CONTNUE PREG DUE TO UNWANTED 72 AS I DNT WANT TO TAKE CHANCE I WENT TO DR YESTERDAY AND SHE GAVE ME mtp pills ONE TABLET TO EAT AND OTHER FOUR TABLETS TO TAKE ON SUNDAY MORNING TO GET PERIODS .i didnt had any bleeding so i met dr again did tvs it shows -uterus of n size and shape endometrium is 5.5 cm echogenic,no intrauterfine or extra uterine gestation sac ic seen .both ovaries are of moderate volume .FLUID IS SEEN AROUND OVARIES AND UTERUS.dr asked me to go for serum bhcg test if its comes negative than what should that i do so that my periods may come or if it comes positive than also what to do m so worried
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Abortion and Stillbirth

Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 21 minutes later
Hello and thanks for the query.

Resgarding the current situation try to remain calm and take every step one at a time. First of all if the hcg test comes negative this will be reassuring that there is no pregnancy to be concerned with.

In the event however that the hcg turns still positive there are a few options for you which might include another hormone challenge or possibly a medication to induce your period.

Every patient is unique in how he or she reacts to medical therapy and younger no exception. I would be surprised if you did not experience a period within the next 72 to 96 hours.

In the meantime it is critical that you maintain good fluid hydration and nutrition to support your body through this. Eventually things will settle down and your hormonal status will return to normal.

If the hcg is negative then no worry. Just wait til the periods return.

Thanks again for the query. I hope this response is helpful for you and if you have any additional concerns I would be happy to address them.

Sincerely,

Dr. Galamaga

Follow-up: No periods, taken MTP pills, done TVS, need to go for serum BHCG test, fluid around ovaries and uterus 34 hours later
my beta report has come 248.40 miu/ml what should i do? worried

Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 17 minutes later
Hello and thank you for the followup.

Since every laboratory's reference values are different, it will be necessary to review your lab results independently. Every laboratory has a different range as far as what normal or elevate it would be.

You have a feature to upload the reports by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that so that I can suggest you better.

In the meantime, try to remain calm and this will slowly work it's way out. Even if the test is positive you will still be possible to give you medications to provide the proper therapeutic effect in the future. In the meantime there is no need to worry about any type of life threatening situation. I'm sure everything will work out to your preference without a problem.

I hope my responses have been helpful and informative.

Awaiting your reports.

Follow-up: No periods, taken MTP pills, done TVS, need to go for serum BHCG test, fluid around ovaries and uterus 12 hours later
in report it has written below 10 miul non pregnant 248.0- 616.0 2-3 week as dnt have scanner to upload .is it possible to get periods without medication or preg can be still there .m really worried

Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 23 hours later
Hello and thanks for the followup.

248 is not a high number in this case. One would expect it to be much higher by now in the setting of pregnancy. I do not think you are pregnant. For the time being monitor things and see how you feel and touch base with your doctor to see if he wants any additional tests done in the future.

It will take some time before your cycle returns to normal.

If you have periods then you are not pregnant. It is possible and likely that your period will start soon but only time will tell.

Thanks again for the query. If you have any additional concerns I am here for you.

Dr. Galamaga