No periods, spotting, fluttering movements in the abdomen. Pregnant?

Question
pregnancyi need help! i had a normal period on aug 15. i had spotting on sept, no period in oct, spotting in nov and dec and at the end of dec i have spotting. i should be 19 weeks. ive felt moving in my belly as well as flutters and i felt a huge movemment when my husband rubs my belly. am i imagining things? please advise.
Posted Tue, 24 Apr 2012 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Meenakshi Titoria Sahu 12 hours later

Spotting in pregnancy can be normal and can be present often.

I encourage you to consult your obstetrician who can examine you and advise you some antenatal blood investigations along with ultrasound for fetal well being.

Ask your husband not to rub your belly as it can cause more of spotting/ bleeding.

Hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer if you do not have any further queries.

Best wishes

Follow-up: No periods, spotting, fluttering movements in the abdomen. Pregnant? 14 hours later
can you tell me how spotting is medically defined? i dont have any cramps but i dont have to wear pads but tissues. i explained to my doctor and he claimed its a period. my periods were extemely heavy with severe cramps and i dont have any pms symptoms just spotting. As im spotting i still feel movement from in my belly.

Answered by Dr. Meenakshi Titoria Sahu 16 hours later

Thanks for follow up query.

Vaginal bleeding may vary from light spotting to heavy bleeding with clots. Vaginal bleeding is a common problem in early pregnancy, but needs evaluation for the cause.

In early pregnancy, spotting can be because of implantation bleeding.

Sometimes, it is a symptom of threatened abortion.

Also if the placenta is low lying, spotting/ bleeding can occur.

You should have ultrasound of uterus and ovaries to find out the exact cause of bleeding.

I hope, I have answered your query. Please accept my answers in case you have no follow up queries.

Regards.

Follow-up: No periods, spotting, fluttering movements in the abdomen. Pregnant? 1 hour later
okay well this will be my last question. i had a couple of fibroids when i was trying to concieve would that also effect my pregnancy. in the beginning of my pregnancy my hcg levels were extremely low as well and i also have iron decfiecy sydrom. when i take prenatals or any type of vitamin i use to bleed and the doctor didnt know why. i havent taken any prenatals just viatmin D. what should i do?

Answered by Dr. Meenakshi Titoria Sahu 11 hours later

Fibroids may cause problem in pregnancy like preterm delivery, mal-presentation etc. depending upon the size and position of fibroid. If fibroids are small and on outer aspect of uterus, chances of problems are less.

Regarding iron deficiency, if you are not able to tolerate medicine, discuss with dietician regarding foods XXXXXXX in iron. The iron XXXXXXX foods are XXXXXXX leafy vegetables, red meat, bengal gram, jaggery, fruits like XXXXXXX pomegranate and to some extent guava.

Regards.