No periods, no pre-menopausal symptoms, no pelvic pain or fatigue. History of gum infection

I have not had a menstuation for 6 months, I am 46yrs old, I do not have any pre menopausal symptoms and have no pelvic pain or fatigue or other symptoms pertaining to certain ovary diseases ect. I am and have been under stress for quite some time. I have no other complaints and I am a healthy person. The only thing that is going on with my body is that I had a gum infection which I just took antibiotics for and is now cleared up. I can't think of anything else. Thank-you for your time, XXXXXXX
Posted Sun, 22 Jul 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
Absence of periods for six months at your age is suggestive of menopause even if you do not have any other symptoms of menopause.
To be sure of the diagnosis, you can get your serum FSH and LH levels evaluated.
Raised levels are suggestive of menopause.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: No periods, no pre-menopausal symptoms, no pelvic pain or fatigue. History of gum infection 18 hours later
Hello Dr. Tayal, could you suggest an OBGYN as I do not have a doctor. I live in Richmond Hill Ontario.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
I am sorry I am not aware of any OB-GYN in your area as I am in India.

Since I don't know any doctor personally in your area,you have to search your self or ask some local friend of yours who can find a doctor for you.

Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.